Site Service Engineer – Powered Access
With almost 40 years of experience, Mainline are one of the leading Powered Access and Plant Hire suppliers in the East Midlands. We recognise the need to excel in all that we do and that relies on having the very best team onboard.
A programme of training is provided which includes manufacturer, IPAF, Health & Safety and induction courses.
We are actively recruiting for an experienced Site Powered Access Engineer.
The successful applicant will have at least 3 years’ experience within the powered access industry, knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems, petrol and diesel engines and a competency in fault finding. Applicants with service experience of plant, fork trucks etc. will be also considered.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking service, maintenance, repairs on a range of powered access
- To adhere to site rules and regulations including the use of risk and method statements.
- To complete routine service and maintenance of access machines to include LOLER certification on site and in depot
- To carry out pre-delivery inspections and keep accurate records.
- To carry out major repairs and refurbishments as and when required
- Estimate and advise accordingly damage/repair costs.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience (at least 3 years) within the powered access industry with Genie, Skyjack, JLG, Manitou Scissor Lifts and Access Booms.
- CAP and Manufacturer Qualifications are essential.
- Knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems, petrol and diesel engines and a competency in fault finding
- Use of mobile device for recording of all works.
- Have pride in work
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative
- Be self-motivated and come to work with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Be a team player who is happy to support apprentices
- £30,000 – £35,000 basic salary
- Company Van
- Monday to Friday (6am – 4pm or 7am – 5pm)
- Ongoing training and development
- Pension and Life Cover
- Profit Share (available outside of pandemic)
22 days per holiday year (pro-rata in the first and final years of employment), plus the normal bank/ public holidays which fall on your normal working day (pro-rated if you normally work less than 5 days per week). Up to 25 days with service.